Department of Your Department

Preparing for the Program

Each student must have a valid passport from their home country. You can apply for a passport at the Blacksburg Post Office. You can get passport photos at CVS pharmacy in university mall. You will also need a visa to enter China. We will help you through the visa application process in the spring.

You should insure that you have the proper vaccinations for this program. This can be done through the University's recommended travel clinic (Intravene), a county health department, or your family physician. Your family physician usually does not have the more specialized vaccines and should refer you to the county health department. You can see a list of recommended vaccinations and other health information at the CDC travel website.

These sites have additional information: